There is not better day to blog about an amazing Chicken Noodle Soup recipe that i found than a rainy, cold and windy day in New Jersey! It’s a day where you just want to snuggle on the couch with a warm cup of soup and maybe a good movie! But i have been following the 21 Day Fix portion control nutrition plan and i have to stick with it for my final stretch of the Core De Force workout program! Here is a healthier, and YUMMY, alternative to the high sodium chicken noodle soup from the can. Enjoy.
3 oz. dry whole wheat bow-tie pasta (or penne or rotini)
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
2 medium carrots, sliced
2 medium celery stalks, sliced
6 cups low-sodium organic chicken broth
1½ lbs. cooked shredded chicken breast (approx. 4½ cups)
¾ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
¼ tsp. ground white pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain. Set aside.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onion, carrots, and celery; cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
- Add broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Add chicken, salt, and pepper; gently boil for 10 minutes.
- Evenly divide pasta between six serving bowls. Top evenly with soup; serve immediately.
21 Day Fix Containers: ½ Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, ½ tsp.