I admit…. I am the person that won’t try new things if it SOUNDS too hard or too complicated. All i was doing was sitting inside my comfort zone when it comes to cooking. I changed that a while ago when i started this blog. I wanted to take some of my FAVORITE meals and make them ‘HEALTHY’ or at least a tad better than the regular version. I decided to do the same with this Chicken Cordon Bleu and it was a HIT with my family! Even my Grandma was a huge fan and she’s the expert cook! So here is my recipe for Skinny Chicken Cordon Bleu! Feel free to share this with your friends and family!
1 package of 4-ounce boneless, skinless Chicken Breast
Thin Sliced Swiss Cheese
Thin Sliced Low Sodium Ham from Deli
1 cup Whole Wheat non seasoned Bread Crumbs
1/2 tsp Pepper
1/2 tsp Onion Powder
1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
3 egg whites beaten
- Preheat the oven to 375 F
- Spay casserole pan with non stick cooking spray
- Prep Chicken by slicing the side of the boneless skinless chicken breast so you can fold open. Do NOT cut them all the way through.
- Put two slices of swiss cheese and two slices of low sodium ham in the slice you created and then fold back over. Set aside for a minute.
- Beat the eggs in a shallow dish or a bowl.
- In a separate shallow dish or a bowl, combine the Whole Wheat non seasoned breadcrumbs, Pepper, Onion Powder and Garlic Powder together.
- Dip each stuffed chicken breast in the egg white mixture. Then dip each stuffed chicken breast into the breadcrumb mixture covering the entire chicken with the mixture.
- Place each stuffed and covered Chicken breast into the casserole dish that is already sprayed with non stick cooking spray.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!