This is a FAMILY FAVORITE for my family ever since i started this healthy journey! I will be so honest with everyone, the sound of turkey meatballs was unappealing to myself AND my family. I decided to give them a try and now we don’t ever make them any other way. My 3 year old is even a HUGE fan of them.
2 Really important things……. 1. THEY ARE SO EASY TO MAKE!!! 2. FAMILY DOESN’T EVEN KNOW THE DIFFERENCE! 😉
1.5 lbs of LEAN Ground Turkey
1 tsp Sea Salt
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1/2 cup Whole Wheat unseasoned Bread Crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Ground Turkey, Sea Salt, Pepper, Garlic Powder and Whole Wheat breadcrumbs.
- Mix by hand. (Easiest way to do it.)
- Roll mixture by hand into 1 inch balls and place on a cooking sheet lined with foil or parchment paper sprayed with non stick spray.
- Bake about 20 minutes at 400 F.
When done you can either place directly into sauce pot or you can let them cool and put them in a container for later. I personally cook these on a Sunday and make it by the BATCH! Sometimes i freeze them and sometimes i put them in the fridge to make later in the week. Either way, they are a perfect addition to my weekly meal prep.
When i do serve it. I love to serve it over some Whole Grain Pasta of some sort. Whole grain past is 21 Day Fix approved. Another great way to serve it is over Veggies using that Vegetti contraption to shred the veggies into ‘noodles’. haha.
Here is my Sauce Recipe for when i serve it with Sauce:
1 28 oz can – CRUSHED Tomatoes. (Check the ingredients to make sure it’s JUST tomatoes)
3 garlic cloves; minced
1 tbsp Olive Oil
1/2 red onion; minced
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
- In a medium pan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; stirring frequently until softened.
- Stir in tomatoes, oregano, and basil. Simmer on low heat about 8-10 minutes.
Find more Recipes right here on my Blog – HERE.
Join a 30 Day Virtual Challenge group! Apply to join TODAY! Spaces are Limited.
Connect with me on Facebook for more daily motivation, fit tips and more!